- Published Dec 25th
- Ready In45m
Great baked vegetable side dish with slices of eggplant and tomato seasoned with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
Baked Eggplant Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Baked Eggplant for 6 servings:
- cooking spray
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Baked Eggplant Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Baked Eggplant, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Baked Eggplant is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Baked Eggplant within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Baked Eggplant easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking dish with non-stick play.
- 2 Arrange eggplant and tomato slices into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables; season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the entire mixture.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is beginning to brown, about 30 minutes. Switch oven broiler to high; continue baking until completely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 54 calories; 3.7 grams of fat; 3.2 grams of carbohydrates; 2.4 grams of protein; 4 milligrams of cholesterol; 72 milligrams of sodium.