- Published May 22nd
- Ready In1d 1h 20m
Baked Fake Steak with Gravy Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Baked Fake Steak with Gravy for 12 servings:
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 17 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed beef and mushroom soup
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
Baked Fake Steak with Gravy Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1d 1h 20m
To cook Baked Fake Steak with Gravy, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Baked Fake Steak with Gravy is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Baked Fake Steak with Gravy within 1 day 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Baked Fake Steak with Gravy easily:
- 1 In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, saltine crackers and milk. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and mix until well blended. Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with waxed paper. Press the beef mixture firmly into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours, or overnight.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from meat, and rub flour over the top side of the beef. Flip out of the pan onto waxed paper, and rub flour on the other side as well. Cut into pieces (I use a pizza cutter).
- 3 Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the meat until browned on each side, turning only once. Remove to a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the water, condensed soup, and gravy mix. Pour over the meat in the dish. Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- 4 Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Serve patties and gravy with potatoes, rice, or noodles.
- Slow Cooker
- Brown beef, and place in slow cooker with gravy mixture. Cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 272 calories; 15.8 grams of fat; 10.2 grams of carbohydrates; 21.1 grams of protein; 71 milligrams of cholesterol; 394 milligrams of sodium.