These are delicate and soft fish croquette with a light crisp coating. I have used this recipe for leftover baked or broiled fish like salmon, steelhead trout, or other fish.
- 2 cups leftover cooked steelhead trout
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- ½ sweet onion, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 2 Discard skin, bones, and any crust from trout and flake fish with a fork. Combine flaked fish with soft bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl. Form mixture into balls and roll each ball in the panko. Arrange balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until croquettes are lightly browned and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 278.1
- Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Fat 21.6 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Sodium 310.4 mg
- Sugar 1.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.