A warm and gooey way to start the day. Just layer a casserole dish with apples mixed with Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and pieces of French toast then bake.
- 1 cup Marzetti's® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium loaf Italian bread (4 inches in diameter) sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 In a microwave safe bowl, combine apples, cinnamon and water. Microwave for 3-4 minutes. The apples should be slightly tender.
- 2 Drain apples and toss with Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip. Spoon the apples into bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 4 Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture and place on top of apple layer. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Spoon any extra egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 5 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6 Pour melted butter over the slices of bread and sprinkle with pecans.
- 7 Bake 25-30 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- 8 Allow French toast to stand for a few minutes before eating. Serve with extra warm caramel sauce.
- Calories 367.9
- Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Fat 17.2 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Sodium 315.9 mg
- Sugar 24.8 g