A savory, buttery, nutty, baked chicken dish with a little sweetness of honey. Excellent for dinner parties. Everyone raves about it. Substitute any nut you prefer with equally good results.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 In a bowl, beat eggs and honey together until thoroughly blended. In a separate bowl, toss together pecans, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- 3 Dip chicken pieces in egg and honey mixture, then dredge in pecan mixture, coating thoroughly. Arrange chicken side by side in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle melted butter evenly over chicken.
- 4 Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear.
- Calories 682.7
- Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 209 mg
- Fat 36.3 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Sodium 366.2 mg
- Sugar 25.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.