Mashed potatoes that are lighter and fluffier. Cream cheese gives them a richer flavor. Can be made ahead of time!
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- 3 In a large bowl, mash potatoes with the butter and milk. With a hand mixer, beat in cream cheese and onion. In a small bowl, beat the egg with a little bit of the mashed potatoes. Stir into potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 4 Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until puffy and lightly browned.
- Calories 294.6
- Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Fat 14.9 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Sodium 142.3 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g