- Published Oct 23rd
- Ready In45m
Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers for 12 servings:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk, or as needed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 candy eyeballs
Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Baked Mummy Jalapeno Poppers easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Combine cream cheese and Cheddar cheese in a bowl and season filling with salt and pepper. Spoon filling into jalapeno halves.
- 3 Roll out crescent dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into thin strips using a pizza cutter or a small knife. Wrap stuffed jalapenos with dough strips, leaving a small space unwrapped where the eyes will go.
- 4 Combine egg and milk in a bowl. Add flour to another bowl and season with salt and pepper. Dip stuffed jalapenos first in the egg mixture, then roll in the flour. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until dough is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and stick candy eyeballs in melted cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- If you like, you can also deep-fry them but I prefer them baked.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 12.3 grams of fat; 13.5 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 34 milligrams of cholesterol; 281 milligrams of sodium.