This is a delicious omelet with a little bit of a twist. I promise you will love it as much as my family does.
- 1 large baking potato
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped ham
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add potato and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and slice.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Beat together eggs, salt, pepper and parsley.
- 3 In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion and red pepper until soft, then stir in mushrooms. When mushrooms start to shrink, add the chopped ham, potato and tomato slices. Pour in the egg mixture; gently stir to combine.
- 4 Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and place skillet in preheated oven. Bake until eggs are firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool briefly before serving.
- Calories 158.7
- Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 148 mg
- Fat 9.1 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 516.6 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g