Thick and creamy. Uses leftover baked potatoes.
- 12 slices bacon
- ⅓ cup margarine
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- 2 In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 3 Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Calories 747.9
- Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.5 mg
- Fat 49.3 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Sodium 1335.2 mg
- Sugar 15.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.