A perfectly baked salmon topped with a mouthwatering crust and served with asparagus. The crispiness and the lemony flavors of the crust are delicious. If desired, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the asparagus. This recipe was made in a Panasonic CIO.
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 ⅓ pounds salmon fillet
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Rub 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over the salmon and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer salmon to the center of the grill pan.
- 2 Place asparagus in a bowl. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Mix well and arrange around salmon.
- 3 Place garlic cloves in a food processor or blender; process until crushed. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, lemon juice, lemon thyme, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; blend well. Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil and bread crumbs; pulse until well mixed.
- 4 Top salmon with herb mixture, forming a crust.
- 5 Set Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to "Auto Cook". Select Fish with Vegetables setting. Place the grill pan in the oven and cook until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Calories 449.4
- Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Fat 30.5 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Sodium 583.2 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g