An apple is filled with a cinnamon cheesecake center. I used a Braeburn apple but any variety will work. Great for a cold night! Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Cut the stem out of the apple and hollow out the center until it is about 1 1/2 inches wide without going through the bottom. In a small cup, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Set aside half of this mixture, and mix the rest with the cream cheese and dried cranberries.
- 3 Sprinkle some of the reserved cinnamon sugar into the apple's cavity. Fill with the cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top. Place the apple in a small baking dish.
- 4 Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the apple is tender enough to easily pierce with a fork.
- Calories 254.8
- Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Fat 10.7 g
- Fiber 5.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Sugar 32.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.