This oven-baked rice is easy to make. I used to make it when I was in college because it’s inexpensive, really good, and it tastes great reheated. All the vegetables can be adjusted according to taste, or whatever is available in my cupboard.
- 3 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans peas, drained
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 ½ cups sliced carrots
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Mix water, mushrooms, peas, rice, carrots, soy sauce, oil, and soup mix together in a baking dish.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until rice and vegetables are tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Calories 316.2
- Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Fat 7.9 g
- Fiber 5.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Sodium 1817.9 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.