A lady I worked with brought this in one day, and it was a hit. Now it is the favorite of all my dinner guests. It’s great for a covered dish dinner too. I have made this also without the meat, and it is well received.
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- 2 In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 4 Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
- Calories 578.2
- Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Fat 25.3 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Sodium 913.6 mg
- Sugar 14.3 g