- Published Apr 22nd
- Ready In1h 25m
Bakery Fruit Tart Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bakery Fruit Tart for 16 servings:
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
Bakery Fruit Tart Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Bakery Fruit Tart, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bakery Fruit Tart is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Bakery Fruit Tart within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Bakery Fruit Tart easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place each pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish, and line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil and a layer of pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven until edges of crusts are golden, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and weights and bake until the crusts have set, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- 2 Bring 3/4 cup water, lime juice, sugar, and the reserved liquid from the mandarin oranges to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; stir into the saucepan. Continue simmering until syrup has thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3 Whisk the milk, half-and-half, and vanilla extract into the vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl. Allow the pudding to thicken for 5 minutes before spreading evenly into the baked pie crusts. Arrange the strawberries, kiwis, apricots, and mandarin orange segments decoratively on the pudding. Drizzle the prepared glaze thoroughly over each pie. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 9.5 grams of fat; 34.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.2 grams of protein; 6 milligrams of cholesterol; 263 milligrams of sodium.