- Published Jun 20th
- Ready In1h 15m
I was inspired by a few different banana cupcake recipes before settling on this one. The cream cheese frosting is probably my favorite part; it’s just wonderfully decadent on a banana cupcake. Refrigerate cupcakes after frosting. P.S. They taste much better the next day!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting for 12 servings:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or to taste (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, or more to taste
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2 Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- 3 Combine white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup butter in another bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg. Mix in mashed bananas. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, stirring after each addition. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- 4 Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- 6 Beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons butter in a bowl until smooth. Add vanilla extract. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth.
- 7 Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- Cook's Note:
- I love putting chocolate chips in my banana bread, but if you want to eliminate them or substitute nuts or something, all the better. I also like to decorate them with a cute chocolate chip on top.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 12 grams of fat; 55.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.2 grams of protein; 41 milligrams of cholesterol; 134 milligrams of sodium.