- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 42m
Banana Cream Pie I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Banana Cream Pie I for 8 servings:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shell, cooled
- 4 bananas, sliced
Banana Cream Pie I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 42m
To cook Banana Cream Pie I, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Banana Cream Pie I is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Banana Cream Pie I within 1 hour 42 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Banana Cream Pie I easily:
- 1 In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Add milk in gradually while stirring gently. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about 2 more minutes, and then remove from the burner.
- 2 Stir a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, and immediately add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes; remember to keep stirring. Remove the mixture from the stove, and add butter and vanilla. Stir until the whole thing has a smooth consistency.
- 3 Slice bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell. Top with pudding mixture.
- 4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Chill for an hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use 3 tablespoons of cornstarch in place of 1/3 cup flour (I use cornstarch).
- The pie crust can be store-bought or homemade.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 11.1 grams of fat; 47.2 grams of carbohydrates; 4.9 grams of protein; 89 milligrams of cholesterol; 224 milligrams of sodium.