- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In10h 35m
Banana Flan Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Banana Flan Cake for 16 servings:
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Banana Flan Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In10h 35m
To cook Banana Flan Cake, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Banana Flan Cake is about 2 hours , and you can serve your Banana Flan Cake within 10 hours 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Banana Flan Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 12-cup fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with cooking spray. Pour 11 ounces caramel topping into prepared pan. Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- 2 Beat cake mix, 3 eggs, oil, and water together in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl. Mix banana and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract into batter; pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 3 Beat sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, 5 eggs, milk, cream cheese, and 1 teaspoon almond extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; pour over cake batter. Cover fluted tube pan tightly with prepared aluminum foil, sprayed-side down. Set fluted tube pan into a large baking dish and fill baking dish with about 2 inches of water, creating a water bath.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Remove fluted tube pan from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and invert cake onto a serving dish. The caramel topping should flow down the sides of cake.
- 5 Cool cake to room temperature and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight. Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over cake before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Stage 1 banana baby food for the mashed banana, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 20.1 grams of fat; 57.3 grams of carbohydrates; 10.4 grams of protein; 124 milligrams of cholesterol; 427 milligrams of sodium.