I hate tofu but love tempeh and this sandwich is tangy and tasty. My boyfriend and I eat this all the time. It’s great because it’s vegan for him and I still like it (even though I’m not a vegetarian).
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your choice
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 Pour the barbeque sauce into a medium bowl. Crumble the tempeh into the sauce, and let it marinate a little, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red and green peppers, and the onion. Cook, stirring frequently until tender. Stir in the tempeh and barbeque sauce, and heat through.
- 3 Spoon the tempeh mixture onto kaiser rolls, and serve.
- Calories 375.3
- Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Fat 11.5 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 925.2 mg
- Sugar 20.1 g