Very easy bread recipe that I use for sandwich bread, pizza dough, and even naan! I live in Colorado Springs at an altitude of about 5,500 feet. This recipe works really well for me.
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F/40 degrees C)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Combine water and yeast and let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Combine flour, coconut oil, sugar, salt, and yeast mixture in a bowl. Knead until silky-smooth, about 15 minutes. Place dough in a large, lightly-oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- 4 Punch down dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a loaf and place into the prepared pan. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- 5 Uncover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes for an Italian-style loaf or 45 minutes for a sandwich-style bread.
- Calories 230.2
- Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Fat 7.6 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 293 mg
- Sugar 1.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.