Simple and basic Italian bean soup. Great for a quick fix during the week. My Italian mother-in-law rattled this one out to me over the phone years ago. So glad I wrote it down quick! She doesn’t remember telling me. The kids love it for a simple and quick dinner.
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 24 ounces prepared cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 2 Pour tomato sauce into the pot; stir. Add cannelini beans, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the beans are hot, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Fat 4.3 g
- Fiber 9.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 997.3 mg
- Sugar 6.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.