- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In55m
BBQ Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious BBQ Pie for 8 servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
BBQ Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook BBQ Pie, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this BBQ Pie is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your BBQ Pie within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook BBQ Pie easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium heat. When it is starting to brown, stir in the onion and season with pepper. Continue to cook and stir until beef is browned and the onion is tender.
- 3 Drain off the grease from the beef, and stir in the baked beans, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of barbeque sauce. Transfer to a large casserole dish. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking mix, milk and egg. Pour this mixture evenly over the beef and beans in the dish.
- 4 Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the biscuit toping is golden brown. Spread a small amount of barbeque sauce over the top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese while hot from the oven.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 16.2 grams of fat; 45.3 grams of carbohydrates; 23.4 grams of protein; 88 milligrams of cholesterol; 1014 milligrams of sodium.