- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 40m
Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers for 6 servings:
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato sauce, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Slice the top 1/2 inch from the tops of peppers and cut out the stems from the tops. Cut the core from the inside of the peppers and strip away any seeds. Cut away a very thin slice of pepper from the bottoms so the peppers can stand upright. Poke about 4 tiny holes in the bottoms to let juices drain out.
- 3 Pour 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add onion, beef broth, and red pepper flakes; spread out mixture evenly over the bottom. Set prepared bell peppers upright in the dish.
- 4 Combine ground beef, cooked rice, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/4 cup parsley, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- 5 Lightly stuff peppers with meat mixture. Spread 1 tablespoon remaining tomato sauce on top of each portion of stuffing; place reserved tops onto peppers. Lay a piece of parchment paper loosely on top of peppers and cover dish tightly with foil. Lay dish on a baking sheet.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Peppers should be starting to soften. Remove foil and parchment paper. Continue to bake until meat filling is cooked through and the peppers are tender, 20 to 30 more minutes. Sprinkle each pepper with 1/2 teaspoon parsley and drizzle with a spoonful of pan juices.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any ground meat works. Lamb, pork, or half sausage and half beef is fantastic. I used all lean beef but suggest you try 1 pound beef with 1/2 pound pork sausage.
- I put a piece of parchment paper down just because I don't like foil touching acidic things while they bake.
- If you don't use the sheet pan, your peppers are going to take less baking time.
Per Serving: 376 calories; 16.9 grams of fat; 26.3 grams of carbohydrates; 30.3 grams of protein; 82 milligrams of cholesterol; 1724 milligrams of sodium.