This dish is also known as Beef a la Bourguignon; this is a French preparation method associated with the cuisine of the Burgundy region of France. The dishes are characterized by meats braised in red wine, usually garnished with mushrooms, small onions and bacon. Here is a casserole version, sans bacon.
- 2 pounds beef roast, cut into cubes
- ½ (1 ounce) package herb and lemon soup mix
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup Burgundy wine
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 In a large bowl combine the beef, dry soup mix, bouillon, onion and soup. Mix all together and pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 4 hours.
- 3 Add mushrooms and wine and bake for another 10 minutes. Add cooked egg noodles and mix all together. Serve with fresh bread and a green salad, if desired.
- Calories 473.5
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Fat 31 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Sodium 534.1 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g