So fast, so few dishes, this Instant Pot® beef stroganoff tastes like you’ve been cooking all day! Also, there is something about dry vermouth that brings out the beef flavor, absolutely delicious. Garnish with parsley.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon beef base (such as Better Than Bouillon®)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dry vermouth, divided
- 2 pounds New York strip steaks, cut into thin pieces
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat oil in the pot. Saute onion until barely tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, beef base, pepper, thyme, and salt.
- 2 Pour in 1/4 cup vermouth; deglaze the pot by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add steaks; saute until browned, about 6 minutes. Turn off Saute mode. Add remaining vermouth, mushrooms, and 1 1/2 cups beef broth. Mix together gently.
- 3 Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 4 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in noodles. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure until noodles are tender, about 3 minutes. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- 5 Pour remaining 1/2 cup beef broth into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until hot, about 1 minute. Dissolve flour in the broth.
- 6 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Open lid and stir in the beef broth mixture. Let thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir again. Add sour cream; stir until completely combined.
- Calories 521.3
- Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Fat 20.3 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Sodium 659.2 mg
- Sugar 4.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.