It tastes like what you’d expect; meaty, cheesy, crunchy. The world is your oyster with this one! The pasta chips are super crunchy and a great base for these nachos. The ground beef has a good base of flavor from the Italian seasoning, garlic, and marinara which give it a quick and easy Italian-American flavor profile. The ricotta and the cheese sauce work well together in that one spreads over everything like a traditional queso, then you get pops of hot creamy ricotta. Optional toppings: half-moon zucchini slices, sauteed mushrooms, sliced pepperoncini, chopped Calabrian chiles, etc.
- 9 ounces lasagna noodles
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground sirloin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Cut each noodle into assorted desired shapes.
- 2 Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over high to reach 360 degrees F (182 degrees C). Add 8 to 10 pasta pieces, one at a time to avoid them sticking together, and cook, lightly tapping under the oil and stirring with a spider tool occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove using a spider or tongs to a paper towel-lined sheet tray, and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining pasta pieces, allowing oil temperature to reach back to 360 degrees F (182 degrees C) before adding next batch.
- 3 Set an oven rack in the top third and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- 4 Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and ground sirloin; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and Italian seasoning; cook stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in marinara sauce and remove from heat. Set aside.
- 5 Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly, until starting to bubble, about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in milk, whisking constantly. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella, Parmesan, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 6 Arrange lasagna chips in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle 1/2 of the cheese sauce over top and evenly sprinkle with the sirloin mixture. Dollop with ricotta.
- 7 Broil in the preheated oven until ricotta gets brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Serve drizzled with remaining cheese sauce, basil, and parsley.
- Calories 390.4
- Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Fat 16.4 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Sodium 330.1 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.