- Published Sep 13th
- Ready In30m
Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp for 4 servings:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp easily:
- 1 Beat flour, beer, egg, and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer on low until batter is smooth. Spread coconut flakes in a shallow dish.
- 2 Dip shrimp into beer batter, shaking off excess, then press into coconut. Place shrimp onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- 3 Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, 3 to 4 minutes. Fry about a third of the shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Allow shrimp to drain on a wire rack set over paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 581 calories; 28.3 grams of fat; 54.8 grams of carbohydrates; 25.1 grams of protein; 203 milligrams of cholesterol; 720 milligrams of sodium.