McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix, combined with the extra kick from Old Bay® seasoning, gives seafood a great taste and extremely crisp texture.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay® Seasoning
- ⅓ cup beer or water
- 1 ½ pounds cod fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375 degrees F on medium heat.
- 2 Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in medium bowl. Add beer or water; stir until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- 3 Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels.
- Calories 261.3
- Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Fat 10.9 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 948.2 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g