This is a great and easy recipe for fried cauliflower. I recommend only using self-rising flour because it helps it get more crispy and the right texture. You can serve this with ranch, blue cheese dressing, or marinara sauce.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced cauliflower
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- 3 Whisk flour, beer, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl to make batter. Submerge cauliflower pieces in batter to coat. Working in batches of 10, drag 1 piece at a time gently against the rim of the bowl to remove excess batter and transfer to the hot oil. Fry cauliflower, stirring gently to keep pieces separate, until golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 4 Use a slotted spoon to transfer fried cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Keep warm in the oven.
- 5 Return oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) between batches and continue frying cauliflower.
- Calories 348.7
- Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Fat 22.4 g
- Fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 996.5 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g