Unbelievable cheese fondue that will disappear in a minute! Serve with cubes of French bread.
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1 Combine Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, flour, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- 2 Rub cut side of garlic clove around bottom and sides of fondue pot.
- 3 Pour beer into fondue pot and slowly bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Gradually stir cheese mixture into beer, adding small amounts at a time, until cheese is melted and blended, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5 Stir hot pepper sauce into cheese mixture.
- Calories 332
- Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Fat 23.1 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Sodium 504.7 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g