- Published Jun 19th
- Ready In35m
Beer Cheese Soup II Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Beer Cheese Soup II for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle light beer
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Beer Cheese Soup II Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Beer Cheese Soup II, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Beer Cheese Soup II is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Beer Cheese Soup II within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Beer Cheese Soup II easily:
- 1 Melt the butter or margarine in a 4 1/2 quart soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Add the beer and raise the heat to high and boil for 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the chicken broth and bring the soup back to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer.
- 2 Combine the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 3 Add the half-and-half and shredded cheese to the soup. Stir constantly until the cheese melts. Then stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until the soup is thick, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with bacon bits.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 26.3 grams of fat; 10.2 grams of carbohydrates; 14.2 grams of protein; 78 milligrams of cholesterol; 352 milligrams of sodium.