Lean deer meat marinated in beer and spices to perfection overnight, then dehydrated. The jerky takes a while to make, but it is relatively easy, and well worth the wait. My whole family loves it and I bet yours will too.
- 2 pounds lean venison, cut into thin strips
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (such as Budweiser®)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Removing all fat and gristle from venison.
- 2 Mix venison with beer, soy sauce, Worcestershire, salt, garlic, curry powder, black pepper, and ginger together in a medium stainless steel bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- 3 Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- 4 Place the meat on the racks of a dehydrator, so that there is room for the air to flow evenly over all of the pieces.
- 5 Let dehydrate to desired consistency according to individual appliance instructions, 6 to 8 hours.
- Calories 77.5
- Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Fat 1.2 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 990.5 mg
- Sugar 1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.