This soup is the best comfort food for a cold day and freezes well without the milk. Try cream in place of milk for a thicker soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Bring chicken broth, cauliflower, potatoes, onion, carrots, salt, and pepper to a boil in a stockpot; reduce heat, cover pot with a lid, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- 2 Mash vegetables using a potato masher or puree in a blender. Return pot to low heat and stir in milk. Cook soup until heated through, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Calories 164.6
- Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Fat 0.9 g
- Fiber 7.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Sodium 711.1 mg
- Sugar 7.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.