Salty, spicy, chewy, vegan alternative to beef jerky. Perfect for hitting the trails or snacking on at home. This has no cure as beef would so it is important that you store this in the refrigerator. It’s not beef but it is tasty and addicting!
- 16 ounces plant-based "ground beef" (such as Beyond Meat® Beefy Crumbles)
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ⅓ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Combine plant-based ground beef, liquid smoke, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, mustard, and red pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 Transfer mixture onto a large cutting board. Using a rolling pin flatten the mixture to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a sharp knife cut mixture into strips. Slide the knife under the strips and lay them on the racks of a dehydrator, making sure not to overcrowd.
- 3 Set dehydrator to 155 degrees F (68 degrees C). Dehydrate for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- 4 Remove lid from the dehydrator and let strips cool for 30 minutes. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Calories 168.3
- Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Fat 8.8 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Sodium 717.8 mg
- Sugar 0.2 g