- Published Apr 28th
- Ready In3h 30m
This recipe is a family favorite. Passed down from mother to daughter. Serve this spicy pork in warm tortillas with rice and beans. Top with sour cream, green onion and serve with lime wedges for a delicious Mexican meal.
Bianca’s Green Chile Pork Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bianca’s Green Chile Pork for 10 servings:
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups cooking sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
Bianca’s Green Chile Pork Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 30m
To cook Bianca’s Green Chile Pork, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bianca’s Green Chile Pork is about 3 hours , and you can serve your Bianca’s Green Chile Pork within 3 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Bianca’s Green Chile Pork easily:
- 1 Cut pork into small pieces, removing as much fat as possible. Transfer pork to a large frying pan or Dutch oven, and cook and stir until brown.
- 2 Stir in onion, bell peppers, chile peppers, and cilantro. Add water and sherry, and season with oregano and salt. Cover, and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, or until pork is tender. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 8.1 grams of fat; 9.4 grams of carbohydrates; 16.7 grams of protein; 60 milligrams of cholesterol; 1148 milligrams of sodium.