- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In30m
Salmon is versatile, highly nutritious, and can be bought fresh or frozen. This ‘Indianised’ recipe is quick, tasty, and ideal as a short snack or a meal eaten with a salad. Serve with Masala Chai. You can try this recipe with any white fish: cod, haddock, pollock, etc.
Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka for 2 servings:
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound wild Pacific salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka easily:
- 1 Mix together the cayenne, turmeric, and salt in a bowl. Add the salmon to the bowl and toss to coat. Allow to sit 15 minutes.
- 2 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, sprinkle the cornstarch over the salmon and again toss to coat.
- 3 Cook the salmon in the heated oil until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Cook's Note
- Vary the heat and seasoning level according to taste; you can use paprika rather than cayenne for a milder version. I use a full teaspoon of salt.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 12.5 grams of fat; 3.8 grams of carbohydrates; 24.5 grams of protein; 50 milligrams of cholesterol; 629 milligrams of sodium.