- Published Mar 4th
- Ready In30m
Black Cumberland Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Black Cumberland Sauce for 6 servings:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 cup black currant jelly
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
Black Cumberland Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Black Cumberland Sauce, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Black Cumberland Sauce is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Black Cumberland Sauce within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Black Cumberland Sauce easily:
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in the hot oil, until nearly dark brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 Pour wine into the saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute; remove pan from heat.
- 3 Stir currant jelly, orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar, black pepper, mustard powder, ginger, cayenne pepper, and salt into onion mixture until combined.
- 4 Bring sauce to a boil; remove from heat.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 0.9 gram of fat; 41.8 grams of carbohydrates; 0.3 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 2 milligrams of sodium.