A quick and delicious salad with blackberries, crunchy sweet almonds, and low-fat feta cheese.
- 1 serving cooking spray
- ½ cup toasted unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- ½ cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2 Crush almonds into smaller pieces with a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin.
- 3 Spread almonds in a single layer in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn syrup; cook, stirring gently to prevent almonds from clumping together, until corn syrup coats almonds, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread almonds on the prepared baking sheet. Cool until hardened and set.
- 4 Toss lettuce, blackberries, and feta cheese together in a large bowl.
- 5 Pour lemon juice into a small bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until blended into the lemon juice. Whisk sesame oil into the dressing.
- 6 Break up cooled almonds and add to the salad. Mix dressing into the salad.
- Calories 322.8
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Fat 22.8 g
- Fiber 7.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 425.2 mg
- Sugar 8.2 g