- Published Sep 8th
- Ready In8h 55m
Blackberry French Toast Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Blackberry French Toast for 9 servings:
- 1 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Blackberry French Toast Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 55m
To cook Blackberry French Toast, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Blackberry French Toast is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Blackberry French Toast within 8 hours 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Blackberry French Toast easily:
- 1 Cook blackberry jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth, stirring once, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2 Place 1/2 of the bread cubes into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish and drizzle with melted jam. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- 3 Mix half-and-half and whipped cream cheese together in a bowl; add eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix together well and pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator, 8 to 24 hours.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until bread is golden brown and mixture is set, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve with desired toppings.
- Cook's Note:
- You may consider adding an extra egg and increasing half-and-half by 1/2 cup to gain more liquid for bread to soak up.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 17.8 grams of fat; 61.3 grams of carbohydrates; 10.7 grams of protein; 130 milligrams of cholesterol; 376 milligrams of sodium.