- Published Sep 7th
- Ready In30m
Blackened Fish Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Blackened Fish for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets trout
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Blackened Fish Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Blackened Fish, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Blackened Fish is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Blackened Fish within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Blackened Fish easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, mix together paprika, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper, white pepper, thyme and salt; set aside. Heat a heavy cast iron pan on high heat until extremely hot, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Pour 3/4 cup melted butter into a shallow dish. Dip each fillet into butter, turning once to coat both sides. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with spice mixture, and gently pat mixture onto fish.
- 3 Place fillets into hot pan without crowding. Carefully pour about 1 teaspoon melted butter over each fillet. Cook until fish has a charred appearance, about 2 minutes. Turn fillets, spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter over each, and cook until charred. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 35.3 grams of fat; 1.8 grams of carbohydrates; 24.3 grams of protein; 148 milligrams of cholesterol; 428 milligrams of sodium.