Seasoned, grilled flat iron steak is thinly sliced and served atop a romaine salad studded with roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) beef skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry blackening seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) package DOLE® Classic Romaine
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup thinly sliced DOLE Red Onion
- ¼ cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- Berry Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Brush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with blackening seasoning. Grill or broil to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- 2 Combine romaine, tomatoes, red onion, olives and roasted red pepper in large bowl; toss well.
- 3 Divide salad mixture on 2 large plates. Top each with sliced cooked steak. Drizzle with Berry Vinaigrette, to taste, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- Calories 251.1
- Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Fat 15.1 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 838.8 mg
- Sugar 2 g