- Published Aug 6th
- Ready In35m
Seasoned, grilled flat iron steak is thinly sliced and served atop a romaine salad studded with roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette for 2 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) beef skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry blackening seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) package DOLE® Classic Romaine
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced DOLE Red Onion
- 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- Berry Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Blackened Steak Salad with Berry Vinaigrette easily:
- 1 Brush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with blackening seasoning. Grill or broil to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- 2 Combine romaine, tomatoes, red onion, olives and roasted red pepper in large bowl; toss well.
- 3 Divide salad mixture on 2 large plates. Top each with sliced cooked steak. Drizzle with Berry Vinaigrette, to taste, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- Berry Vinaigrette
- Combine 1 cup DOLE Frozen Mixed Berries, partially thawed, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, salt and ground black pepper, to taste in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 15.1 grams of fat; 11.8 grams of carbohydrates; 17.7 grams of protein; 36 milligrams of cholesterol; 839 milligrams of sodium.