- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In40m
Blueberry Grunt Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Blueberry Grunt for 8 servings:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Blueberry Grunt Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Blueberry Grunt, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Blueberry Grunt is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Blueberry Grunt within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Blueberry Grunt easily:
- 1 Pour blueberries and their juice into a 10 inch iron skillet or kettle. Stir in sugar. Cook until juice begins to boil, and lower heat.
- 2 In medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, lemon rind, spices, and salt. Stir in milk until dry particles are just moistened. Drop dough by spoonfuls (8 dumplings) on top of simmering berry mixture, and cover skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until dough is puffed and cooked through. Serve dumplings with berry sauce and cold cream.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 6.6 grams of fat; 55.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.2 grams of protein; 22 milligrams of cholesterol; 213 milligrams of sodium.