One of my favorite recipes! I love jalapenos and make these when nothing else hits the spot. Topped with sour cream or ranch dressing and chopped fresh chives, this is a great appetizer or snack. Serve with homemade sangria. Also great on the grill.
- 12 slices hickory-smoked bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 12 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 (6 ounce) tub whipped cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat, working in batches, and cook until bacon is translucent and still flexible, about 2 minutes per side. Set bacon aside.
- 3 Trim membranes from jalapeno pepper halves to reduce heat. Rinse peppers and set aside.
- 4 Place whipped cream cheese and Cheddar cheese into a bowl and mix until well blended; stir in Worcestershire sauce. Spoon cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip. Pipe the cheese filling generously into the pepper halves. Top each filled pepper with a precooked bacon strip and arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese filling is bubbling and the bacon strips are lightly browned, 8 to 14 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories 76.3
- Carbohydrate 1 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Fat 6.3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g