- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In50m
A classy version of tuna casserole. A creamy pesto sauce with spinach, bow tie pasta and tuna. Serve with warm French bread and wine for an elegant ‘hot dish.’
Bow Tie Tuna Florentine Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bow Tie Tuna Florentine for 4 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package creamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
Bow Tie Tuna Florentine Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Bow Tie Tuna Florentine, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bow Tie Tuna Florentine is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Bow Tie Tuna Florentine within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Bow Tie Tuna Florentine easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 In a large saucepan, melt the margarine over medium-high heat. Add milk and pesto sauce mix; bring to a boil stirring constantly with a wire whisk until well blended and boiling. Reduce heat and add spinach and mushrooms. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Add cooked pasta, tuna and tomatoes, stirring gently to coat. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 7.6 grams of fat; 53.4 grams of carbohydrates; 37 grams of protein; 34 milligrams of cholesterol; 664 milligrams of sodium.