I have an affinity for curry and decided to blend two different food items for one decidedly incredible stew!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 Melt butter in a large saucepan and add oil. Add shallots, garlic, and curry paste. Saute until fragrant, and garlic is browned, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, roasted red bell pepper, and cilantro; bring to a simmer.
- 2 Add lime juice (go sparingly, adjusting to taste), cayenne, and salt. Add cornstarch and stir to thicken. Add in shrimp; simmer until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Serve stew with cooked jasmine rice.
- Calories 436.3
- Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Fat 22.6 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15 g
- Sodium 570.8 mg
- Sugar 4.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.