- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In55m
Bread Machine Challah II Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Bread Machine Challah II for 20 servings:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Bread Machine Challah II Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Bread Machine Challah II, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Bread Machine Challah II is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Bread Machine Challah II within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Bread Machine Challah II easily:
- 1 Place warm water, sugar, honey, vegetable oil, salt, 2 eggs, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle; press Start.
- 2 After the machine is done, take the dough out, and place it on a very lightly floured board, punch the dough down, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3 Divide the dough in half. Then divide into 3 equal pieces, roll into ropes about 12 to 14 inches, and braid into a loaf. Do the same with the remaining other half. Gently put the loaves on a greased cookie sheet, mist with water, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in a warm, draft free place, until double in size.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, beat together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- 5 Brush risen loaves with egg mixture. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. If it begins to brown too soon, cover with foil.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 6.7 grams of fat; 26 grams of carbohydrates; 4.4 grams of protein; 28 milligrams of cholesterol; 302 milligrams of sodium.