This easy to make dough can be shaped into pretzels or long bread sticks.
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine yeast mixture, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour; beat well. Beat in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a stiff dough is formed. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in volume.
- 3 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 4 Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 pieces. Roll pieces out into long sticks and form into pretzel shape. Place pretzels on prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Calories 8.1
- Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Fat 0.4 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 1014.5 mg
- Sugar 0.2 g