- Published Aug 9th
- Ready In1h 15m
It’s a yummy breaded zesty chicken that the entire family will love! I suggest serving it over mashed potatoes.
Breaded Picante Chicken Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Breaded Picante Chicken for 4 servings:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour, or as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Season-All®), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
Breaded Picante Chicken Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Breaded Picante Chicken, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Breaded Picante Chicken is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Breaded Picante Chicken within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Breaded Picante Chicken easily:
- 1 Combine chicken and buttermilk in a bowl. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2 Mix flour, seasoned salt, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- 3 Drain buttermilk from chicken and softly pat dry with paper towel. Mix chicken in flour mixture until well coated on all sides.
- 4 Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Fry chicken in 2 batches in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes per batch; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- 6 Rinse saucepan and return to medium heat. Stir chicken and picante sauce together in the pan; cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Nutrition Disclaimer:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the buttermilk and breading ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 14.8 grams of fat; 20.9 grams of carbohydrates; 30.4 grams of protein; 72 milligrams of cholesterol; 1106 milligrams of sodium.