Cooks while you sleep! Some fun variations of this recipe: before cooking (during prep) you can add chunks of sourdough bread, diced chiles, salsa, and/or diced green onions. You can use sage or regular sausage in place of the maple sausage, if desired.
- cooking spray
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package maple-flavored sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Spray the crock of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread hash browns to cover the bottom of the slow cooker crock.
- 2 Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- 3 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Spread sausage over hash browns and spread Cheddar cheese over sausage. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- 4 Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Calories 640.9
- Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 375.6 mg
- Fat 54 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g