This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was pregnant. It’s just one of those things that you can’t get enough of!
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food, cubed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 ⅓ fluid ounces milk
- 1 ½ cups crushed buttery round crackers
- 1 In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Simmer broccoli and cauliflower florets in water for 10 minutes, or until crunchy. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3 In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion. Stir cauliflower, broccoli and rice into the saucepan. Once the vegetables and rice are coated, stir in the cheese, chicken soup and milk. Transfer the entire mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the crackers on top.
- 4 Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Calories 544.9
- Carbohydrate 30 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Fat 38.8 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Sodium 1544.1 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.