This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch.
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- 2 Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- 3 Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
- Calories 165.1
- Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Fat 10.6 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Sugar 4.1 g